Monday, February 28, 2011

...my cup runneth over...

I need a Mom moment. I need to record the little things that Brady is saying because I am already forgetting. I need to express how proud I feel and how every thing he does breaks my heart a little at the same time that I am over flowing with excitement and amazement.

My favorite things:
  • "I did it! I did it!" Last night I was feeding Hannah and Brady needed to go pee, very exciting as potty training is going well so far. Ev helped him and when he was finished, he ran to me yelling "I did it! I did it!" He is very independent and loves to do things that make us proud.
  • "Only Brady do it." While this can be nerve wracking, I love that Brady wants to do everything on his own. He has to open the door himself, take the lid off his juice cup himself, peel the banana (he calls it a "napa") himself.  
  • "Hannah, you okay?" Is there anything sweeter than witnessing your first baby checking on your second? If Hannah is crying and Brady is in another room, he will run to find her and ask "you okay?" Sometimes, he'll lean in and give her a kiss, sometimes he'll try to squeeze her head. Either way, knowing that he is concerned melts me.  
  • "What that is?" Brady is becoming very inquisitive. He'll look at something and ask "what that is Mom?" and he will keep asking until he knows. He wants to touch everything and figure things out. He's just like his Dad, he loves playing with tools, he tries to take everything apart and "fix it."
  • "Kiss it better." The power of a kiss is amazing. Most owies can be healed on the spot with a kiss from me. Over the weekend, Brady hit his hand on something. He started crying a little and ran to me, hold out his hand, "kiss it better, Mommy." He will also kiss my owies if he hears me say that something hurts me. I am forever bumping into things and he will kiss my legs if he sees me walk into the corner of something.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Katie,
    Cute, cute Brady stories!! Love that he is so concerned about his baby sister. How sweet is that!

    (I'm leaving this comment here in case you didn't check back at my blog.)
    It's so nice to hear that Brady wanted to be carried around all the time at the end of your pregnancy too. I keep thinking that Liam must sense a change coming because he wants to be in my arms ALL THE TIME! If I wasn't huge, it wouldn't be so bad.

    I used www.blurb.com to make our blog book. You just download their BookSmart software from the site and "slurp" your posts (I think that's the word anyway) and then re-position photos, etc. You can email me at heididodd@hotmail.com if you want help when you get there. I know there are other sites too, but that's the only one I've used. It is time-consuming, but worth it.

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete